ColourPop Darling Super Shock Cheek ($8.00 for 0.15 oz.) is a darker, orange-leaning copper with slightly warm, reddish undertones with fine, golden pearl that gave it a softly, luminous finish. It had more opaque color coverage applied with a fingertip and more medium, buildable coverage with a synthetic brush, as marketed.
The texture was smooth, emollient and slightly wet to the touch, but it transformed to a powder-like application and finish once it came into contact with my skin. It applied evenly and blended out well on bare skin as well as on top of foundation. It stayed on well for 10 hours before fading on me.
for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- NARS Give It Away (LE, $30.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Beach Bum (P, $25.00) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- MAC Pleasure Model (LE, $31.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Flesh Beauty Glaze (P, $26.00) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- ColourPop Voile (LE, $8.00) is less shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- MAC Perfect Bronze (Right) (LE, $29.00) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- ColourPop Bardot (P, $8.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Rose Latte (P, $20.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- NARS Cheek Studio III (LE, $30.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- LORAC Golden Hour (LE, ) is more shimmery, warmer (85% similar).
$8.00/0.15 oz. – $53.33 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have “buildable” coverage and can be applied with fingertips (which will yield “higher coverage”) or a brush (for sheerer coverage). It’s a cream-based product that has a subtle, “wet” feel to it but never has the thickness of a true cream-based blush. It goes on with the smoothness of a cream formulation but diffuses and blends (without lifting up one’s base) more like a powder product. The product sets to a powder finish, so the product won’t slide around during the day. On me, the wear tends to be between eight and 10 hours. Most shades have medium, buildable pigmentation with some being semi-opaque to opaque on occasion. They are typically blendable, easy to use, and long-wearing.
Browse all of our ColourPop Super Shock Cheek swatches.
We’re here to help you make better beauty purchases that you’ll enjoy and love! We recommend signing up to take advantage of personalized features like tracking products you own, viewing dupes that you already have, and more!
Here are some useful resources for you:
Compare Any Two
Curious how two shades compare to each other? Type in the shades below to get instant side-by-side swatches!