The global hospitality brand will debut a series of epic offerings, including the chance to win a year of free vacations at IHG hotels; campaign kicks off with a 12-hour sounds of vacation “chat” on Clubhouse
Today, IHG Hotels & Resorts announced a contest that will give one lucky US-based traveler the chance to win back a year of missed adventures with 365 days worth of epic hotel experiences at various IHG locations, including InterContinental, Kimpton and Holiday Inn Express.
The contest, which aims to give guests back the time, memories and travel experiences lost in 2020, is part of IHG’s new Department of Epic – a program which will help guests bring their travel dreams to life. Whether it’s exploring the Grand Canyon, taking in the magic of Napa Valley with a hot air balloon experience or swimming with whale sharks in the Maldives – IHG has a hotel for wherever you want to go and for however you want to stay.
“At IHG Hotels & Resorts, our teams connect people through travel and we’ve missed making that happen,” said Claire Bennett, Chief Customer Officer, IHG Hotels & Resorts. “With the launch of our Department of Epic, we’re helping kick start the memorable and epic experiences people have been waiting for – strengthening family bonds, celebrating milestone moments, uniting far-flung friends, forging business partnerships – across our hotels around the world.”
This once-in-a-lifetime opportunity comes with exclusive perks, such as:
- Ultimate Snack Setup: The winner will receive a complimentary basket full of their favorite snacks every time they check into a new hotel. Gummy bears in bed? The Department will deliver them right to your room.
- 12 Months of Meals: Over the course of the year, the winner will be able to dine at one of IHG’s award-winning restaurants, once a month.
- Gift of Perfect Sleep: To avoid the dreaded transition of returning to their bed after a year of dreamy slumbers, the winner will be able to swap out their home mattress with a deluxe option that they’ve come to love during their stay.
- Private Car: To get around, IHG will give the winner access to a private car at select hotels to take them wherever they want to go around the city.
- Robe Collection: The winner will enjoy the coziest, over-the-top collection of iconic Kimpton robes that have long been recognized for their memorable designs ranging from leopard to seersucker to tie dye and will serve as the perfect souvenir from the year.
- Immediate IHG Rewards Status: The winner will become a Spire Elite rewards member, the program’s highest level of membership.
- Personal Booking Concierge: All hotel reservations will be made through a personal booking concierge to help the winner select the perfect destination and hotel for each day of the year.
In addition to these exclusive perks and as part of the Department of Epic, IHG will provide tailored experiences through a Surprise & Delight Program. All consumers who are “Epic’d” will be rewarded with “Epic Extras” – from plush hotel slippers to a penthouse booking, the program will help create more memorable moments.
To enter the contest, travelers with wanderlust are invited to take to Instagram and Twitter and ‘tell IHG why they need an epic vacation – without telling IHG they need an epic vacation’, using #IHGTellMeContest and tagging @ihghotels. The winner will be announced on August 2.
Those who can’t wait to take flight and want the instant vacation feeling can tune in to Clubhouse, the number one live social audio app, on June 22 from 12 p.m. to 12 a.m. ET where IHG will host a hotel audio soundscape that will take listeners through a virtual journey of a hotel experience. From the moment guests enter the hotel lobby and hear light voices and casual greetings to the first dip in the pool with the sounds of water splashing and finally the music from the bar as you unwind with a night cap before heading to your room to fall asleep – all of the quintessential sounds of vacation will be one click away.
IHG is accepting submissions from June 22 through July 20. Entries will be collected on Instagram and Twitter and must tag @IHGhotels and include #IHGTellMeContest.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.
© 2021 Hotel News Resource